CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR)
As part of its initatves under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), the Company has undertaken projects in the areas of promotion of education, eradicating hunger &
poverty, initatives towards Community Service and Rural Development, Healthcare, Plantation & Environment Development, Protection of National heritage, Art, Culture
etc. These projects were in accordance with the CSR Policy of the Company and Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013.
The CSR Committee comprises Shri Ravi Jhunjhunwala (Chairman), Shri Dharmendar Nath Davar and Smt. Vinita Singhania.
IN BUSINESS BEYOND BUSINESS
Forward-looking organizatons define their personality through their contributons to the community. As a good corporate citzen, HEG has been making enduring impact through its Corporate Social Responsibility programs that promote social and economic inclusion.
The Company’s social upliftment initiatives focus around healthcare, education, community development and environmental conservation which facilitates in bettering lives and improving livelihood.
The Company’s efforts are primarily mediated towards improving the quality of life of the people living in and around its facilities. It has been conducting these activities directly
and through a dedicated trust – LNJ Bhilwara HEG Lok Nyas.
- Provided medical consultation to general public at the OPD Centre in Mandideep and Tawanagar and distributed free medicines among BPL category patents.
- Conducted medical health camps and distributed medicines in villages and to economically weaker sections, in collaboration with Sewa Bharat, Bhopal.
- Provided clean drinking water at Mandideep and nearby areas by installing water coolers with reverse osmosis filters in public places like bus stops and temples.
- Conducted vaccinaton and artficial inseminaton camps for cows and buffaloes in 12 villages in collaboration with Shant Gram Sansthan.
- Provided computers, sttching and interlocking machines to the Swarojgar Training Centre for women run by the Bhojpuri Samaj Sewa Samit, Mandideep
- Provided potable water at Ekant Park, Bhopal
- Contributed to local literacy requirement, the school decided to run two shifs for serving more than 1,250 students during the academic year.
- Established a new building to accommodate the additional students.
- Subsidized school fees for more than 200 BPL-category students.
- Renovated labs, libraries and equipped them with modern facilities.
- Got the school affiliated with the CBSE board.
- Started a computer centre at Tawa Nagar to provide basic computer education to disadvantaged students and completed two batches.
- Provided hostel fees, as well as books and uniforms to few hearing-impaired students at the Asha Niketan School for Deaf and Dumb, Bhopal.
- Visit our School at www.graphiteschool.edu.in/
- Conducted an afforestation drive at Tawa Nagar along the NH#12 near Mandideep to combat air pollution.