13.5 MW Tawa HEP (Hydro Electric Power Plant)
Tawanagar, District Hoshangabad
|Project work started||Unit I
|Unit II Commissioned||Size of the unit||Manpower employed||Skilled|
|100 acres||982||57||330||595||26 nos|
Highlights of the Project
- Completed in a record 22 months & at a cost of around Rs.65 crore (Rs.650 million), against the estimated time of 40 months & cost of Rs.75crore (750 million).
- Early & efficient completion possible because of project re-designing by RSWI, Canada.
- Optimal scheduling and project monitoring by the Group.
- Low on capital cost & efficient in generation (High PLF).
- Dam toe and Irrigation canal based project.
- Catchment area spread over approximately 6,000 sq. km.
- Full Reservoir Level (FRL) is 355.4 m.
- Wide head range of 7-21 m and discharge varying from 25-54 cumecs.
- Two turbo generators with 6.75 MW rated capacity installed; each unit designed for 20% continuous overload.
Machinery / Equipment
- Vertical shaft Kaplan Turbine and its auxiliaries.
- 11 KV semi umbrella synchronous generator and auxiliaries.
- 9MVA 11/33 KV generator transformers.
- 33 KV vacuum circuit breakers.
- 1 MVA 33 KV/415 V auxiliary transformer.
- Fire protection system.
- 50/10 Ton capacity EOT crane.
- 110 V DC with battery back up.
- AC distribution.
- PLCC system.