We, in HEG, are committed to being a customer-oriented organisation where quality is the inspiration and innovation is the way of life…….
We accord the highest priority to the protection of the environment and conservation of resources in our premises. In this endeavour we are committed…
Technology originally sourced from ‘SERS’ – a subsidiary of Pechiney, France. The Collaboration ended in the early 1990s…
Won the country’s top Export Award (CAPEXCIL) for 19 consecutive years, as on 4th February, 2016, Also won the National Top Export Award from the Government…
HEG Ltd, a premier company of the LNJ Bhilwara group, is today India’s leading graphite electrode manufacturer. It has one of the largest integrated Graphite Electrode plants in the world, processing sophisticated UHP (Ultra High Power) Electrodes.
The company exports over 70% of its production to more than 30 countries of the world.
The position the company enjoys today in India and abroad is largely due to its commitment to constant upgradation of its product quality to match international standards and to meet new challenges to win and excel in all situations.
In the 1990’s, we set our “Vision” to be : “ A vibrant globally acknowledged top league player in Graphite Electrodes and allied businesses with commitment to growth, innovation, quality and customer focus”.
In Graphite, our focus is on UHP grade electrodes, and we have expanded our product range and established the same on some of the toughest furnaces of our customers. Today, we have years of experience supplying quality UHP grade electrodes all over the world.
The encouragement from our customers has led us to increase production capacity and become a significant global producer of quality UHP grade electrodes for EAF application. Our ability to source the best raw materials from sources worldwide and the skills of our human resources has been the key to our growth.
To become world leader in the field of carbon and graphite products by leveraging our core competence and by research and development on advanced materials.
HEG R&D Center for carbon science and technology will have strong applied research and development focus in the field of conventional carbon products and advanced carbon materials/ products such as carbon nanotubes/fibers.
It will push the technology envelope and shall establish a strong cooperative research effort (Industry / Government / University) to improve energy efficiency, process productivity and quality control of carbon products with environmentally responsible approach both in its operations and in its products that purify the environment. It shall develop new secure sources of high quality carbon feed stocks that can be used by a number of different carbon manufacturing processes and new carbon and graphite based products.
The R&D Center is working on the following areas
- Advanced Materials/ Products
- Process Technology
- Carbon Specialities
- Material characterization
- Technical Library/ Archives
A Separate R&D set up has been established by the company wherein the Scientists are working on Developmental projects as well as projects to sustain & improve the competitiveness of the company. Frequent Structured interactions are held between the Process Personnel & the R&D scientists to maintain the pace & momentum of the activities. The HEG R&D center has also entered into collaborations with reputed agencies like IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology) Kanpur, RRL ( Regional Research Laboratory, CSIR) Bhopal, CEFES (Center for Environment, Fire and Explosive Safety), New Delhi , etc.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR)
As part of its initatves under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), the Company has undertaken projects in the areas of promotion of education, eradicating hunger &
poverty, initatives towards Community Service and Rural Development, Healthcare, Plantation & Environment Development, Protection of National heritage, Art, Culture
etc. These projects were in accordance with the CSR Policy of the Company and Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013.
The CSR Committee comprises Shri Ravi Jhunjhunwala (Chairman), Shri Dharmendar Nath Davar and Smt. Vinita Singhania.
IN BUSINESS BEYOND BUSINESS
Forward-looking organizatons define their personality through their contributons to the community. As a good corporate citzen, HEG has been making enduring impact through its Corporate Social Responsibility programs that promote social and economic inclusion.
The Company’s social upliftment initiatives focus around healthcare, education, community development and environmental conservation which facilitates in bettering lives and improving livelihood.
The Company’s efforts are primarily mediated towards improving the quality of life of the people living in and around its facilities. It has been conducting these activities directly
and through a dedicated trust – LNJ Bhilwara HEG Lok Nyas.
- Provided medical consultation to general public at the OPD Centre in Mandideep and Tawanagar and distributed free medicines among BPL category patents.
- Conducted medical health camps and distributed medicines in villages and to economically weaker sections, in collaboration with Sewa Bharat, Bhopal.
- Provided clean drinking water at Mandideep and nearby areas by installing water coolers with reverse osmosis filters in public places like bus stops and temples.
- Conducted vaccinaton and artficial inseminaton camps for cows and buffaloes in 12 villages in collaboration with Shant Gram Sansthan.
- Provided computers, sttching and interlocking machines to the Swarojgar Training Centre for women run by the Bhojpuri Samaj Sewa Samit, Mandideep
- Provided potable water at Ekant Park, Bhopal
- Contributed to local literacy requirement, the school decided to run two shifs for serving more than 1,250 students during the academic year.
- Established a new building to accommodate the additional students.
- Subsidized school fees for more than 200 BPL-category students.
- Renovated labs, libraries and equipped them with modern facilities.
- Got the school affiliated with the CBSE board.
- Started a computer centre at Tawa Nagar to provide basic computer education to disadvantaged students and completed two batches.
- Provided hostel fees, as well as books and uniforms to few hearing-impaired students at the Asha Niketan School for Deaf and Dumb, Bhopal.
- Conducted an afforestation drive at Tawa Nagar along the NH#12 near Mandideep to combat air pollution.
HEG has been in the graphite business over 30 years. HEG has a focus on carbon and graphite products.
HEG has warehouses throughout world. We are able to hold inventory and deliver just in time.
HEG has a team of technical experts in the carbon and graphite field. We are able to help create solutions for all of our customers needs.